The Filipino Ladies of Dubai together with the Philippine Consulate General Dubai and Northern Emirates recently concluded “Dubai Dubai Musikahan 2”, a songwriting competition, which is on its 2nd year.
Endframe Media was able to capture the special event last August 4, 2017 in Boracay, Asiana Hotel, where 12 finalists compete for the coveted grand prize.
Various genre of songs covering this year’s theme “Pilipino: Dangal Ka ng Mundo” were showcased. The 12 songs handpicked among the 37 entries were:
- Tama Ka, Pilipino Ako – Lucino Casenas & Christopher Pilapil
- Agila – Fatima Mariano
- Dugong Pinoy – Jessie Paderes
- Lahing Pilipino – Marco Renato Crisostomo
- Bayani sa Gitnang Silangan – Exequiel Nunez Jr
- Ikaw Pilipino – Sola Fide Santos
- Ganyan ang Pilipino – Brian Niño Bulatao
- Ikaw ang Katuparan – Mark Reginio
- Buhay OFW – Raul Maligro
- Sama Sama – Eugene Alcantara
- Tayo ay Magkasingkahulugan – Florante Di Fuertes
- Kayumanggi – Ralph Maligro
The competition was graced by 3 top caliber composers from the Philippines namely, Jonathan Manalo, Trina Belamide and Marion Aunor. Among the 12, the top three winners were, “Tama Ka, Pilipino Ako” by Casenas & Pilapil (3rd), “Dugong Pinoy” by Paderes (2nd) and “Kayumanggi” by Maligro which bagged the grand prize. The winning composition will be recorded by Star Music Philippines.
The event will not be made possible without the efforts of the working committee spearheaded by Dr. Yasmin Balajadia-Cortes with the support of the Consul General himself, Paul Raymund Cortes.blog comments powered by Disqus