“Armenia is a destination where you will be intrigued by history, awed by monuments, amazed by the landscape and charmed by down-to-earth locals.” – Lonely Planet
So, we booked a trip to Armenia to experience the winter wonderland everyone in Dubai has been raving about. We booked our flights via flydubai and spent seven glorious days – first week of February - in this beautiful country.
This is our third time in Armenia and we keep coming back because of many reasons – breathtaking landscapes, fresh mouthwatering cuisines, friendly people and it’s just three and a half hours away from Dubai.
SEE ALSO: Top Reasons To Visit Armenia
If you’re planning your first ever trip, here are some quick tips:
- You can get visa on arrival if you’re from any of the countries on this list.
- Their currency is called Armenian Drams or AMD.
- Single entry visa for up to 21 days of stay costs AMD 3,000 (roughly US$ 8, roughly AED 30)
- Winters in Armenia can get really cold so be sure to bring suitable clothes that could keep you comfortable. Gloves are a must.
- If you can, opt for a personalized, private tour by a local guide. We’ve got great recommendations if you need someone you can trust!
- There are a lot of places to convert your cash to drams. We were told by our guide that SAS (their local chain of supermarkets) gives the best rate.
- There are cuisines for everyone – yes, even for vegans!
- If you love wine, brandy, vodka or cognac, you will find your second home in Armenia.
What about you? Have you been to Armenia? Share your experience or your questions in the comment section below!blog comments powered by Disqus